Down but not out
Bandai Namco have announced that a new patch for brutal RPG Dark Souls III will be released today during a scheduled period of maintenance.
The update, 1.04, will make a number of fixes and changes, including game crashes upon leaving multiplayer sessions and reducing some of the conditions required to obtain in game items.
The Xbox One servers are expected to be down from 11pm to 5am (GMT)
The patch will include the following changes/fixes:
• Item collection during multiplayer while accessing NPC and Covenant Alter is now working as intended.
• Conditions for optional events is eased.
• Conditions to get Rosaria's Finger is eased.
• If they haven't visited the Untended Grave, players will not be teleported there.
• Kicks cannot be parried.
• The Crystal Sage will appropriately re-appear even after he has warped.
• The Dragonslayer Armour won't die before the battle.
• Knight Slayer Tsorig will no longer gesture unintendedly.
• Siegward of Catarina will now be able to properly rescue Greirat once conditions are met.
• If the player is equipped with a ring that increases Max HP, stats will now be properly reflected when opening the equipment screen.
• The voice chat icon will now be displayed properly under the covenant panel.
• Items, bonfire and the "Quit Game" option are now appropriately active even when disconnecting online.
• If the game disconnects during a multiplayer session, it will no longer crash and return to the title screen.
• Other issues causing crashes and returning to the title screen have been fixed.
• Adjustments of the balance of game, improvements of performance and various bug fixes. have been made.