1. Making food waste into energy, or how to power Disney World with Florida’s rotten tomatoes.
By Tracie McMillan in National Geographic’s the Plate
2. How to crowdsource medical research with video games.
By Simon Parkin in the New Yorker
3. Should we let mayors run the world?
By the editors of the Christian Science Monitor
4. Why prisoners deserve the right to vote.
5. Can we restore memories with stem cells?
By Christina Sumners in Vital Record from Texas A&M
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.